GUESTS FOR MONDAY MARCH 10, 2014 ON THE JEFF SANTOS SHOW: Sink-Jolly GOTV Efforts in Full Swing in Florida; Senator Whitehouse & Tonight's Senate All-Night Climate Action Talkathon!
- John Nichols, Washington Correspondent for the Nation Magazine. He's currently on a book tour for the book "Dollarocracy, How the Money and Media Election Complex is Destroying America, which he co-wrote with Robert McChesney. A question a lot of progressives are asking is whether VT Senator Bernie Sanders is going to run for President in 2016. John interviewed Senator Sanders for the Nation magazine last week and Sanders says he's open to the idea.... and in other Vermont-related news, the citizens of the Green Mountain state are moving towards public banking where the state bank would hold and invest funds in public projects and provide affordable loans to Vermont residents.......Other possible topics: CPAC, and Darrell Issa, whose partisan focus is hampering the effectiveness of the House Oversight Committee.
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), who serves in the Senate on the Budget Committee; Environment & Public Works; HELP (Mental Health) Committee; the Judiciary Committee; and, the Special Committee on Aging. Tonight, Monday March 10th, a group of about 30 Senators will be staying up all night at the Capitol for an overnight Talkathon on the Senate Floor to urge Congress to "Wake Up" and take action on Climate change. Our guest, Senator Whitehouse, is co-head of the newly formed Senate "Climate Action Task Force" with California Senator Barbara Boxer, and will be participating in the Talkathon. Senator Whitehouse has already been talking a lot about these issues in the Senate -- he's been making a floor speech on climate change - EVERY WEEK THEY'VE BEEN IN SESSION SINCE APRIL 2012!!
- John Businger, Former Massachusetts State Rep, serving the Town of Brookline for almost 30 years and chief advocate for the Boston North-South Station Rail Link. On Politics, Transportation & more...with regular Monday contributor John Businger.
- Marcy Stech, National Press Secretary, EMILY's List. The David Jolly - Alex Sink Special Congressional Election is TOMORROW, Tuesday March 11th in Florida and the GOTV efforts are at a fever pitch in the 13th District!
We'll talk with Marcy Stech of Emily's List about the stark differences between the two candidates and why this race is so critical to Democrats in and outside of Florida. According to Emily's List, "Recent polls have shown that women voters prefer experienced business leader and public servant Alex Sink to D.C. lobbyist David Jolly..."
- Earl Bender, President of Avenel Associates, political strategist at Totten Communications and regular contributor to the Jeff Santos Show.